Thursday, March 14, 2013

Quote of the day from my host Mom, Elena

She'd gone out to the bar to watch the fútbol game (which málaga won-we are officially kind of a big deal) but had come home early because there were too many loud men (she doesn't much care for it anyway), and she saw that I'd made a pb and j for dinner ("didn't you see the paella and salchichas I had ready for you??") she asked what it was, and when I told her it was peanut butter she said "Oh, like in the movies!". It was so great. Also, she looked scared and a little disgusted when I asked if she wanted a bite. She said maybe another time. :) that sandwich was the best peanut butter and jelly I've had (except it was definitely lacking homemade raspberry jam). Good times in Spain.

1 comment:

  1. i so wish she would have taken a bite!! but i would have definitely taken the paella in a heartbeat. also note: had said raspberry jam tonight on cheesecake. nothing like our raspberries. :)

    ReplyDelete