Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hola a todos! He llegado en la ciudad de Madrid seguramente pero sin dormir. I made some friends at the airport also in the program, we had an extremely harrowing adventure on a crazy shuttle, I tried out my Spanish to marginal success, and I met my roommate, Emily. This was my day in a nutshell. the day of flying was an adventure of patience all on its own. My mind has seemed to have forgotten that it needs rest in the form of sleep. I have managed to stay awake since Friday morning with a grand total of three hours of scavenged plane napping. My plane from Chicago to Madrid was long but delightful. The meals you are served on planes are so cute! Mostly terrible tasting (except the spinach- that was decent) and a horrific amount of wasteful individual wrappings, but oh so cute! My plane mate on that voyage was a lovely old man heading to the middle of Nowhere, Germany. We worked together to flag down the stewardess who BOOKED past with the coffee. I think she thought that if she made it to the back of the plane with the pot full, she got to drink it all. Not to be, tricksy lady.  Anyway, I am in Spain. This is my life now. Can't think too hard- need to concentrate on staying up to get on Spain clock. Captain out.

3 comments:

  1. Doris & I loved reading this. Were having brunch today here. Tim & Di helping. Love, Gram M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your jet lag isn't too awful! ))): And airplane food always seems like a delightful part of the flight until you start eating it and wonder why anybody would think that certain foods go together. But anyhow ~ glad to hear that you made it to Spain safely! KEEP US UPDATED, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi this is mommy at hailey's place and we just read your blog! sleep and food should be your priorities right now. everyone of your mates should be in the same boat with the sleep deprivation. i found mr melty on your bed and thought i should clean that room up, though you left it pretty good shape thought of you when i watched downton abbey. (crushing blow!) have you had tapas yet? seen el prado? amor and te echo de menos. mama

    ReplyDelete