Monday, January 28, 2013

Palacio Real in madrid- forgot my camera today but was able to take a few shots with this sweet phone. We hit the Prado today. Wow. Just wow. I spent my free time there as well. There's another girl from the u of i here-didn't know that until I got here but we have been hanging out all today which has been super nice. Note-this keyboard on my phone has no comma. Uuuh sorry. We spent more than seven hours in the Prado. We hit almost every painting and sculpture. Again- WOW. Also ate my first spanishy meal- lunch at the Prado. Stuffed baked tomatoes and some kind of vegetable filled rice. EXTREMELY delicious. And extremely spanish.  Resting my feet and journalling now then maybe off to get some cena. Lots of love

4 comments:

  1. is it our friend Caitlin?? Nicholai's engineering friend? She's doing some program in Malaga this semester and I saw on her fb that she was on her way to Madrid last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can now check off one of the world's greatest museums. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee- yeah, it's Caitlin. I totally didn't remember that she'd be here until we saw her in the airport. We've been chillin because we both are pretty into exploring and enculturing (new word) more than five in the morning getting back from the 7 story clubs. :) off to explore toledo. Do you have a skype account? Gma- prado was amazing. In toledo I got to go through the cathedral. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey cool! Tell her that Nicholai and Hailey say hi!

    ReplyDelete