Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Grandma, I love you.

This past week started out really well but then it got pretty cloudy and a little rainy, and my high died with it. Yesterday I was just in grump city and feeling down. Then I got a package from my wonderful grandma g with my favourite teas, information on different places to travel, a little letter, and a note that a little trip planning money had been deposited in my account. Grandma, you made my day. Thank you so much. After that, I splurged on a cute jacket and warm shirt, ate a huge baked potato, and bought a chocolate truffle. Things are looking better. :) this morning it was raining when I got up early to run and I almost didn't go,  but go I did (my señora thinks I've lost it) and today I feel good. It helps that the sun is out. In other news, I am back to running (and tracking the mileage on the shsxc site ;) I KNOW NO OTHER WAY!) And today is my first day volunteering at Ceper, a live-in center for mentally handicapped people. Their goal for each person is complete integration into mainstream society, and to this end Ceper works on life skills among other things on their little campus a bus ride out from the center. I have not a clue what I will be doing, but I am excited for today. :)
Besos
-the captain

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate does wonders! And tea helps too. Enjoy. Love, gram g

    ReplyDelete